Friday, December 19, 2008

Winter Break

Today was the last day of school before 2 weeks of winter break. About a week of that will be filled with holiday stuff and traveling, but we're going to try to make the most of the little time that we do have at home. We made a list of things we'd like to check out around town - since we've lived here we've done little but go to work and school and haven't given our little town much of a chance...so we're going to try to have fun locally as much as we can. I think breaks are so much less rejuvenating and they go by so much more quickly if they're not filled with fun, new activities. If we just sit around and watch movies and do the same old, same old, then break will fly by and we won't know where it went. In the past I've sat out of a lot of opportunities to try new things because of my body image. My body image is no better now, and my weight is actually much higher than most of those times in the past, but I'm just not going to do that anymore...er...I'm going to TRY not to. I want to be productive - review school stuff, do my lesson plans, keep the house clean, stay on the healthy eating and exercise plan...But also try new things and have fun. That's the goal. We'll go hiking in some parks we've never been to, visit local shops, maybe go out to hear some music, try some new recipes, whatever seems good at the time.

I think I'm going to finish Christmas shopping tomorrow. We went to a local winery we'd never been to before today and got some gorgeous pottery and a few bottles of wine for some gifts. We also went to a local jewelry shop that had amazing stuff and got a few more things. Most of our shopping was done online and shipped to Chicago where we're spending Christmas. Tomorrow we need to get some truffles at a local Nashville chocolate shop we love (The Cocoa Tree), and a few other miscellaneous things. But we've definitely got it all under control. Ryan and I are going pretty small with each other because we want to buy a flat screen TV. My mom is very generously helping us pay for it, but it's still going to be an expense for us. I hope he won't be disappointed with what I got him. I'm not going to say any more about specifics in case he reads this and I don't know it :)

So - I'm feeling much better today. I woke up this morning and swallowed! That may not seem like a big deal, but when you've spent the week feeling like you have a slimey pine cone lodged in your throat, swallowing relatively pain free is pretty awesome! I still didn't eat much compared to normal and didn't exercise. I'm hoping to feel all back to normal sometime this weekend and get back on a normal eating/exercise schedule.

I didn't have breakfast, again.
For lunch (quick bite as we ran out the door to the winery) I had 3 light Wasa crackers with red pepper hummus. (2 points)
At the winery I had 2 tiny nibbles of cheese and several small sips of wine - it maybe added up to half a serving (1.5 points)
On the way back I ate 1/2 a peanut chocolate chip Odwalla bar (2.5 points)
While I was waiting for dinner I had ~5 sweet potato fries (1 point)
For dinner I had 3 vegetarian meat balls with 1 tbsp. of pesto, a cup of butternut squash soup and 2 slices of rosemary olive oil bread with 1 tsp. olive oil and a sprinkling of nutritional yeast. (9.5 points)
When I entered my points into the online WW tracker and realized I'd had NO fruit or vegetables all day (besides the fries and soup), I had about a cup of raw red cabbage and about 6 baby carrots (.5 points). I've been really low on the GHGs this week - mostly because I've been sick and haven't been eating that much. I'm definitely going to watch that this weekend now that my throat feels better.

No comments: