Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Strep

I tried to go into work this morning. I check my temp when I woke up at 6 and it was normal, so I thought I'd give it a shot. I can't stand missing so much work. Especially this week when I have gifts and holiday activities planned for the kids...it's their Christmas program...
I went to the doctor over lunch and my fever was back - they did a throat culture, and it's strep. I got an antibiotic shot to speed up the recovery time, but the earliest I can go back to work is Friday and that's only if I don't have a fever for 24 hours before.
On the bright side, all this not eating means I was only .2 pounds more at the doctor's office than last time, but that's just because I haven't been able to eat much - and that kind of weight loss isn't necessarily permanent I've learned.

Anyway...still not exercising, not eating much more than soup and gingerale...don't know points yet for today. Yesterday I skipped breakfast, had gingerale, potato leek soup and wheat saltines for lunch. I was feeling better briefly later and had some noodles with broccoli and olive oil for dinner. 12 points total.

I'm off to rest.

No comments: