Monday, December 22, 2008

Off to Chicago

I haven't been tracking my food the past two days. Saturday I watched what I ate, but I didn't count points because I had so many left over from the week I knew I'd be fine. Saturdays are the last day of my WW week. And Yesterday I got involved in a wrapping project and didn't even think of tracking points. I had 2 slices (small) of leftover pizza for breakfast, potato latkes at lunch and then again later (total of 5 with apple sauce and sour cream). I had sherbet with a square of dark chocolate, a funsize mint 3 musketeers bar and...I can't remember what else. I didn't have much else to eat (latkes are filling!) but I want to track it. Darn it! This is why I need to write everything down the same day.

Anyway, yesterday I got up at 6:30 and spent 2 hours in Walmart trying to figure out what options I had for wrapping presents. I have guilt about throwing away HUGE quantities of paper (I read that this is mostly responsible for a 25% increase in trash around the holidays) and wanted the most recycled, recyclable and reusable materials I could find - but I still wanted it to be fun and cute. I decided to use just plain 100% recycled brown shipping paper and to decorate it with pretty satin and wired ribbon (potentially reusable). Then I came across these Martha Stewart pom pom animal kits and that's where my day went. I made 16 animals out of felt and pom poms - farm animals, forest animals, birds and bugs (cute ones). So I'm going to incorporate those, my family will think I'm crazy and they'll probably be right, but it'll be fun for me.

Right now we're getting ready to leave for Chicago for a week. It'll be cold today and there's snow on the ground with more coming tomorrow. So Ryan will get to see Chicago snow, which I'm happy about. But it looks like it's going to warm up and rain before Christmas, so - no white Christmas :( Too bad.

We're hoping to get out of town by 9 and that should get us to Chicago by 7 tonight. I'll bring my notebook journal and track food and exercise. I'm hoping to get on my mom's treadmill tonight. And on that note, I'm going to put a few of my new workout song selections on a cd and get in the shower.
Oh! By the way - I took 3 classes and got 2 As and one pass (in a pass/fail class) this semester. Yay! I'm still hoping to receive feedback on my final papers, but I'm happy for now.

No comments: