Sunday, December 14, 2008

Weekends are tough!

Today I didn't get out to the park for my Sunday walk/jog in time to be back before noon football, so I had to push it to this afternoon. That's always dangerous for me. I don't like working out after I've eaten, so if I don't do it in the morning, it's hard for me to get motivated later. But I'm determined. So I stuck with it and got out for 1 of the 2 planned laps - a total of a little more than half an hour and ~4100 steps. I did my Denise Austin abs in the morning. So that's 43 minutes of exercise today - the 5th day in a row. Not bad!

Food today looked like this
Didn't eat until 11, so it wasn't really breakfast, but I had 2 clementines, 9 cashews and 3 Wasa light crackers with red pepper hummus (5 points)
Lunch - leftover vegetarian shepherd's pie and raw red cabbage (8 points)
Snack - apple with 2 tbsp organic crunchy peanut butter (6 points); later - light string cheese (1 point)
Dinner - 1 c. Wolfgang Puck hearty vegetable soup, 2 slices Ezekiel sesame toast with 2 tsp. olive oil, garlic powder and 1 tbsp. nutritional yeast (7 points)
Dessert - 1/2 c. vanilla bean ice cream, 4 squares Green & Black's chocolate and 3 mini candy canes crushed on the ice cream (6.5 points)

Total = 33.5 points - used all of my daily points plus 12.5 of my WPs; earned 3 APs

Again, I had the middle of the day cravings. They weren't there in the morning - I haven't had them for hours now...I just don't know what it is about me and the afternoon.

I have a busy week coming up. Finals are over, but I have a lot to catch up on at work. I'm being observed on Tuesday and before then I have to do a bunch of lessons and paperwork (this big form about my strengths and weaknesses and what I want to work on this year, a pre-observation form, etc...)
We have our work Christmas party Thursday evening and the kids have their program that day too. I'm going to do my holiday fun stuff with them on Wednesday and Friday is a half day before winter break. So Monday and Tuesday are the only days I can hope to get any work done with the kids. Since Ryan and I are going to Chicago for the holidays with my family, we're still trying to figure out when we can celebrate with his family. We want to do it the weekend after New Years so that we have time to shop the after-Christmas sales in Chicago, plan some fun raw recipes and decorate the house. His mom wants to come up this next weekend. She said she doesn't know what her plans are yet for the weekend we want to have them, so she'll get back to me sometime this week to let me know if they're coming. Now...I love his family, but my family and I are just much bigger on the whole planning ahead thing. So if they might be coming this weekend, that means I have to plan as if they are, otherwise I'll freak out if they tell me the day before....ug....

So this week should be busy but fun. I'm just going to try to stay positive, think about small momentary decisions and have fun. I'm hoping to lose at least 2 1/2 pounds this week. I'm not going to plan to lose over Christmas, so I want to try extra hard this week to get a jump on it.


Oh for heaven's......Rod Blagojevich just hired R. Kelly's lawyer. I'm so embarrassed to be from Chicago...honestly...what an idiot! I heard Jessee Jackson Jr. speak once and loved him instantly. I really hope he's innocent in all this.

No comments: