Thursday, December 18, 2008

feeling a bit better

I had to stay home from work today, and I know I had a fever overnight, but I don't think I've had one since morning. I took my temp and it read 96, so I think what that actually tells me is that my thermometer needs a new battery....but I haven't felt feverish and the pain in my throat is a little less. I think the shot they gave me at the doctor's office really did speed up my recovery time.

I ate more today - still no appetite early.
For lunch I had 1/2 c. brown rice, about 1 c. of steamed veggies, 2 1/2 boiled vegetable dumplings and 1 tbsp. of Soy Vey teriyaki sauce (7 points)
For dinner I had about a cup (cooked) of whole wheat rotini, red sauce, and these vegetarian meat ball things with broccoli and 1 tbsp. of parmesan (6.5 points)
Somewhere in the day I had another ginger brew (3 points)
Total = 16.5 points
No exercise - still don't feel up to it. Maybe something light tomorrow.

I have a little bit of heartburn now - it's either from the red sauce or because I ate so little Tuesday and Wednesday, that even though today was still really light on the points, it's more than my stomach's used to right now. The label on my antibiotics says I can't take antacids with them - oh well.
I'm going to work in the morning for 2 hours - school gets out at 10 AM (don't ask me why they bother); doctor's appointment at 10:30 - just a checkup I'd already had scheduled before I got sick and that my Dr. wanted me to keep even though I was there yesterday...whatever.

And then it's 2 weeks of winter break! We're trying to figure out the best day to drive up to Chicago and not hit snow or ice. I'm looking forward to it because I get to see my family, but am also dreading it a little because my cat is really sick and this is a goodbye trip too. :( He's THE sweetest little angel in the world and I love him so much and I just can't stand to see him feel bad. Man...it really stinks when pets are sick.

No comments: