Sunday, January 18, 2009

Workouts

I never actually made it to the gym yesterday, but I made up for it today. I got a cheap set of weights to use at home and did most of the strength training I had planned to do yesterday at home today. I did biceps, triceps, chest, back, and shoulders. I didn't do abs and I only did squats for legs - that might be the one thing I need the strength training equipment at the gym for.

I also did my scheduled Sunday workout which is walking and a little bit of jogging at the park. Usually we quit after one lap (1.9 miles), but today I continued with my planned two and Ryan played a round of frisbee golf while I finished - that way we're both happy - I get to finish my workout and he gets to do what he likes :)
It was ~3.8 miles, ~8000 steps, and an hour and 5 minutes. I jog for 30 second intervals and walk basically until I feel like jogging again. The park is pretty hilly, so I feel like even though I probably only jogged for a total of 5 minutes, that I'm getting a good workout. I'm certainly pink and sweaty enough!

I'm really happy that even though I didn't do my weights yesterday, that I made up for that today and stuck to my weekend routine close enough to planned. I'm trying to set up non-negotiable exercise time in my schedule, and routines are the best way for me to do that.
Right now the plan is weights Saturday, walk/jog in the park with Ryan Sunday, just abs Monday, aerobics at home (walking, step aerobics video or jump rope) on Tuesday, aerobics with Ryan at the gym Wednesday, pilates video Thursday, and aerobics either at home or gym Friday.

Here's my workout mix - very random - it's funny how some songs I probably wouldn't sit down and listen to normally are great for workout mixes. The last 4 songs aren't mixed in very well - I just added them recently - the few before that are meant to be my cooldown, but I just skip around anyway.

Workout Mix
Southern Girl – Erykah Badu
Fat Bottomed Girls – Queen
Brown Girl (Suga Plum) – Jurassic 5 w/Brick & Lace
Heartbreaker – Mariah Carey
It Feels So Good – Sonique
This Love – Maroon 5
Push It – Salt-N-Pepa
Adrenaline – The Roots
Run Away - ? Random 90s ‘club mix’
Beat It – Michael Jackson
Toxic – Brittney Spears
Milkshake – Kelis
Hollaback Girl – Gwen Stefani
Crazy Bitch – Buckcherry
Fuel – Metallica
Black Horse and the Cherry Tree – KT Tunstall
One Loaf of Bread (Something for You) – Damian Marley
Thelonius – Common & Slum Village
Vivrant Thing – Q-Tip
Electric Relaxation – A Tribe Called Quest
Hard Knock Life – Jay-Z
Beautiful World – Tony Dee
We’re Gonna Make It - Damian Marley
Hot N Cold – Katy Perry
Rehab – Amy Winehouse
Umbrella – Rihanna
Disturbia - Rihanna

No comments: