Saturday, January 10, 2009

Weigh-Day

Ouch - up 3 pounds to 165.2
I knew it was coming though - no way to avoid that when you eat like I ate this week and don't exercise much.
Okay...moving on.
I kept up with the TwitPic journaling today and I think I like it :)
My pictures keep coming out with funny, unnatural looking colors and a lot of blurriness - I can't tell if it's me or the camera - maybe I'll figure that out someday soon.

Food Journal:
breakfast: - 1 granny smith apple, 1 Clementine, 1 Van's wheat free flax waffle, & 2 tbsp. raw, creamy, organic almond butter (7.5 points)
lunch: leftover tortellini (1 c.) with pesto (1 tbsp.) and parmesan (1 tbsp.) & leftover roasted veggies and tofu (12.5 points...maybe...Ryan made the roast last night but forgot to measure the olive oil, so we estimated 1/4 c. which was probably a huge overestimate...oh well - we'll measure next time)
snacks: banana chips (6.5 points), 3 ginger chews (0.5 points), and 1/3 c. mixed M&Ms and mini Reece's Pieces (est. 7.5 points)
(no dinner - big, late lunch and too many snacks)
total: 34.5 points

Exercise Log: (I didn't remember to bring a notebook with, so this is as best I can remember)
Strength training at the gym and abs video at home - I worked out for a total of 1 hr. 35 min, but I'm just counting an hour because of all the rest and stretching between sets.

Abs: Denise Austin "personal training system - abs"
Biceps: curls, 12.5 pounds, 3 sets, 15 reps
Triceps: kickbacks - 5 pounds, 3 sets, 15 reps; extension (overhead) - 5 pounds, 3 sets, 12 reps; dips (machine)- with 112 pounds of support, 3 sets, 10 reps
Shoulders: front raises - 7.5 pounds, 3 sets, 15 reps; side raises - 5 pounds, 3 sets, 15 reps; overhead press - 10 pounds, 3 sets, 12 reps
Chest: fly (machine) - 45 pounds, 3 sets, 12 reps; seated press (machine) - 45 pounds, 3 sets, 12 reps
Back: seated row (machine) - 50 pounds (?), 3 sets, 12 reps; pull-down - 55 pounds (?), 3 sets, 12 reps
Lower body (all on machines): abduction - 100 pounds, 3 sets, 15 reps; adduction - 80 pounds, 3 sets, 15 reps; extension - (? weight), 3 sets, 12 reps; seated curls - (? weight) 3 sets, 12 reps); press and lying down calf raises on same machine - 100 pounds (?), 3 sets each, 15 reps each

All in all, not a bad day. I poked around some blogs and the WW message boards, ran some errands, cleaned the house a bit (more to do tomorrow), watched the miserable Titans lose their way out of the playoffs, remembered my vitamin, had fun with TwitPics, talked to my mom, and...I think that's it...the day really flew by!

I guess I'm going to get ready for bed at 9:30 on a Saturday night, because I'm just that exciting!
I always get so wiped out on weight lifting days - and I want to get in some more reading time.
Hoping for a good, productive day tomorrow before my first real classes of the semester at UT on Monday.

No comments: